Sea Lions vs. SealsHave you ever wondered what the difference is between sea lions and seals? Here are some facts about their differences:
- Sea lions have large fore flippers that they use to propel themselves in the water and that enable them to walk on all fours on land.
- Seals have very small fore flippers. They use their hind flippers to move through the water, relying on stomach muscles to crawl on land.
- Seals have no ear flaps, only small ear holes that are not always visible
- Seals have small holes on the sides of their heads.
- The fur of sea lions is a solid color.
- The fur of a seal is often spotted.
- Sea lions have smooth whiskers.
- Seals have beaded or crimped whiskers.